What is a truly reliable external hard drive company?

reviews 2tb external hard drive for mac on ... WDBAAH0020HCH 2TB My Book Elite External Hard Drive | Hard Disk Drives
reviews 2tb external hard drive for mac image



nikolka199


Today I bought the WD Elements 2TB External hard drive, and upon arrival home I discovered that it didn't work, at all. (I plugged it into the power source and then connected it to my PC via USB, but my PC didn't recognize it at all, as if I didn't even connect anything (I checked device manager and several other areas to see if it was recognized, and nowhere did I see it even being mentioned.)) I tried connecting it to another PC and then to a Mac, and neither recognized it. Not even my PS3.

Basically, I will have to trade it in tomorrow and either get an identical one or get a new brand. This one was cheap ($109 for 2TB), which is why I got it. After the problems, I looked up reviews and a many people had similar problems, and some had the same symptoms come up a few months after the purchase.

So should I risk it, get the same one, or should I get a different, more reliable brand? Which brand would be in the similar range of 100ish dollars for a relatively similar volume?



Answer
Companies still have issues making reliable 2TB HDD.
However I suggest trying another Western Digital harddrive. I am not a fan of their green drives, i suggest Cavier Black Editions, however their blue editions might be more within your price range.
Also i suggest buying from a local store. Ordering HDD online is almost a guaranteed dead on arrival on most cases.

Either way good luck.
There is also seagate/hitachi and a few other major brands all have their issues though

Buying a new External Hard Drive?




Frost Sky


Hey Guys!
I am thinking to buy an ext. Hard Drive.
Fed up with my old school 80 GB stock memory.
I've selected this one
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/pc-components/storage/disk-drives-hdd-ssd/western-digital-my-passport-studio-1tb-1048460/review

Should I go For it?
Are there Better Options?
Or wait some time for new ones? Is It Worth Waiting?

What about 2TB ones, without power supply?...I mean are they available?

I am seriously confused....please help.

Regards.



Answer
Any external 2.5" hard drive will do but if you will be getting a computer sometime in the near future that will have the new USB 3.0 port the it would be best that you get an ext. HD that will be USB 3.0 compliant like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-STBX1000101/dp/B008R7FC74/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1353175908&sr=8-6&keywords=external+hard+drive

The one you were looking at doesn't seem to be USB 3.0 compliant already.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar