external hard drive hook up to ps3 image
littletina
I have a 1TB Fantom Green Drive external hard drive. Is it possible to hook that up to my ps3? If so, how do I do that?
I have a 1TB Fantom Green Drive external hard drive. Is it possible to hook that up to my ps3? If so, how do I do that?
When I format my hard drive to FAT32 to hook it up to my ps3, can I still hook it up to my pc and use it the same as before?
Answer
You'll have to format it to FAT32 first. Then you're good to go. Right click on the drive in your explorer, then just choose format --> fat32 and let it do it's thing.
Just pop in folders for Music/Video/Game/Photo etc and dump your files in there.
Yes you will still be able to use it on your computer.
However, FAT32 has file size limitations. The biggest file size that you can put on the drive is about 4gb.
If you plan on putting files that are 4gb or bigger on there (high def movies), I would say you should look into setting up a media server (it's very easy to do) with the PS3. You can just stream everything to it.
You'll have to format it to FAT32 first. Then you're good to go. Right click on the drive in your explorer, then just choose format --> fat32 and let it do it's thing.
Just pop in folders for Music/Video/Game/Photo etc and dump your files in there.
Yes you will still be able to use it on your computer.
However, FAT32 has file size limitations. The biggest file size that you can put on the drive is about 4gb.
If you plan on putting files that are 4gb or bigger on there (high def movies), I would say you should look into setting up a media server (it's very easy to do) with the PS3. You can just stream everything to it.
How to hook up my external hard drive to my ps3?
Luke G
I have a 160GB external hard drive made by seagate and want to hook it up to my ps3 to play movies...but it is not recognizing my hard drive even though it is FAT32 format. can someone please help me? how can i hook it up
Answer
well since ur hard disk is fat32 when u plug it in give it like 10-15 minutes if it still doesn't read u can try and use media sever ps3.Its a program that lets u see files on ur computer wirelessly and if it has a usb ur router plug it in 2 ur router and it will pop up on ur ps3 (this if u have wi-fi in ur house)
well since ur hard disk is fat32 when u plug it in give it like 10-15 minutes if it still doesn't read u can try and use media sever ps3.Its a program that lets u see files on ur computer wirelessly and if it has a usb ur router plug it in 2 ur router and it will pop up on ur ps3 (this if u have wi-fi in ur house)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar