best external hard drives pc image
bwman
I have about 30 hours of recorded shows that I am hoping to save to the external hard drive of my PC. Is this something that is possible?
Answer
Unfortunately, Peter in San Diego has given you a bum steer.
The Comcast Motorola DVR is not a TiVo.
There are several things you can do.
1) Get a video recording adapter. I picked one up from Fry's by Pinnacle for under $100. Play the video out from the DVR and record it onto the PC. One advantage of this is that you can transcode the MPEG2 to MPEG4 which is more space efficient.
2) Look at these two Motorola FAQs. You can't attach an external drive, but you can transfer video via Firewire if you have a Firewire (IEEE-1394) adapter and software.
http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/news_faq.asp#archive
http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/news_faq.asp#transfer_to_digital
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3818890#post3818890
What Steve is right about is if you had a TiVo Series 2 or the upcoming TiVo Series 3, you could transfer the files over your ethernet or WiFi network to you PC. Just this won't work with the Comcast DVR.
http://www.tivo.com/
Unfortunately, Peter in San Diego has given you a bum steer.
The Comcast Motorola DVR is not a TiVo.
There are several things you can do.
1) Get a video recording adapter. I picked one up from Fry's by Pinnacle for under $100. Play the video out from the DVR and record it onto the PC. One advantage of this is that you can transcode the MPEG2 to MPEG4 which is more space efficient.
2) Look at these two Motorola FAQs. You can't attach an external drive, but you can transfer video via Firewire if you have a Firewire (IEEE-1394) adapter and software.
http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/news_faq.asp#archive
http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/news_faq.asp#transfer_to_digital
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3818890#post3818890
What Steve is right about is if you had a TiVo Series 2 or the upcoming TiVo Series 3, you could transfer the files over your ethernet or WiFi network to you PC. Just this won't work with the Comcast DVR.
http://www.tivo.com/
How can I make my external hard drive show up on My Computer?
Evan
When I plug in my external hard drive, my pc detects it, but my I go to My Computer it doesn't show up.
How can I fix this
its an external hard drive and when I plug it in it doesn't show up at all
Answer
Have you tried assigning it a drive letter in the disk management console? Right click on my computer, click manage. Click disk management. Find your drive, right click it, and click assign drive letter. If it is not already, it will need to be formatted/partitioned, which you can do from the Disk Management Console
Have you tried assigning it a drive letter in the disk management console? Right click on my computer, click manage. Click disk management. Find your drive, right click it, and click assign drive letter. If it is not already, it will need to be formatted/partitioned, which you can do from the Disk Management Console
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar