External hard drive pics?




Tom


I'm overwhelmed with all the external hard drives there are out there. I did a lot of research too. I found a few external hard drives that looked pretty good, and I want to know which one is the best in your opinion.
1. Western Digital WDXMS1200TN Passport 120 GB USB 2.0 Portable Hard Drive

2. Seagate ST302504FDA1E1-RK FreeAgent Desktop 250 GB USB External Hard Drive

3. LaCie Rugged All-Terrain Hard Disk
Hi-Speed USB 2.0
80GB

Don't worry about the storage capacities, I just want to know which one is the best in reliability, quality, customer support, features, etc...

Thank you for your time and effort to answer this question.
(I will give the best answer 10 points)



Answer
Western digital and seagate are both excellent. Have had a 320gb western digital drive for the last three years and it still runs perfectly.

There is another kind of hard drive that works as a normal external hard drive should but can also connect to your tv via scart . That means, you can download your programs/movies on the pc and then watch them on your tv in comfort. I plan on getting one in the near future.
Heres a link showing an example. Worth considering i think.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=221816&source=1&DOY=31m12

External 1 TB Hard drive for MAC: LaCie, G Drive or Western Digital my passport?




Ami D


any suggestions?


Answer
G-Drive case is much higher quality than those plastic cases, and will dissipate heat better. I have a G-Drive and it is faultless-- but the case is way too big (the circuit board is not under the drive. It sticks out ahead of it, thus requiring a long case.)

I love my MacAllay case (compact and still aluminum for good heat dissipation). If your Mac has Firewire, you will love the speed of a FW 800-equipped case. I use Seagate drives mostly, but one of the internal drives on my monster Mac desktop is WD. I will always buy Seagate from now on, because the WDs have no heat sensor. There is always a reason for cheaper.

When you buy any "External Drive" (case with HDD already mounted inside), you may be getting a 5400 RPM drive. If they fail to mention the rotational speed, be sure it is 5400. They would surely brag about a fast drive. WD is notorious for advertising their cheap 5400 RPM HDDs as "Green" and not mentioning the speed. They know people are very attracted to green nowadays, even if in this case, it is total B.S.

Don't you know how to use a #1 Phillips screwdriver to install a HDD in a case? :-)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar