Help with external hard drive?




Ripcode


i have the seagate 1tb ext. hard drive,and something went wrong with it and now the comp. wont recognize it. plz help!


Answer
I have a sea gate hard-drive as well and i recently had this problem this is what I did.

1. There might be an error with the connection cable eg: it might be internally broken.
2. If you have a connection cord with two usb plug-ins one will be for power and the other one will be for data and power. You might only be plugging in one of them.
3. There might be an error with the hard-drive if so contact a local I.T shop and get it fixed.
4. The usb drive might not be installed correctly on your computer it might be broken or the firmware for it has an error to check go to control panel > Device manager and check.

I hope you gain something from this


The Technology Guru 2010

I think I burned my external hard drive out?




Gikiboi


I haven't used my hard drive since sept 2010. I pull it out today, early March 2011, and it starts clicking. I unplug it and replug it. It stops clicking and I then smell a something burning. What should I do, I need a project I did on it to finish a class and verify my diploma.


Answer
Clicking indicates a hard drive crash. Pull the drive out of the external enclosure and put it into a docking station or connect it directly up to your desktop. You might be able to see it enough to copy the file you need. You should always keep a backup! Idrive.com offers 5gb of backup for free




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar