external hard drive not working image
mcperson2k
I came across a great deal on and xbox 360 bundle but it only comes with the arcade version, so no hard drive! I haven't had an xbox for a long time, and I know it used to be that no external hard drives worked with them, for saving game information and downloads. I was just curious if they have become compatible yet or not?
I want to buy a non Microsoft external hard drive. The Xbox ones are WAY to expensive.
Answer
Any of the Xbox 360 hard drives will work with any of the Xbox 360 systems with no problem. Just get one and stick it in the hard drive slot on the system. I've never heard of Xbox 360 systems not working with hard drives since that's the only way to save large amounts of data since memory cards are small.
Edit: Unless you're asking about hard drives not made by Microsoft for the Xbox 360, then no you can't use those unofficial memory units.
Edit 2: Then you can't get a hard drive, Microsoft has made it so that non-official hard drives don't work when connected to the system. The only thing that can be done with those is streaming stuff from it (music most of the time), but they can't be written to.
Any of the Xbox 360 hard drives will work with any of the Xbox 360 systems with no problem. Just get one and stick it in the hard drive slot on the system. I've never heard of Xbox 360 systems not working with hard drives since that's the only way to save large amounts of data since memory cards are small.
Edit: Unless you're asking about hard drives not made by Microsoft for the Xbox 360, then no you can't use those unofficial memory units.
Edit 2: Then you can't get a hard drive, Microsoft has made it so that non-official hard drives don't work when connected to the system. The only thing that can be done with those is streaming stuff from it (music most of the time), but they can't be written to.
Does an external hard drive work for a PS3?
newky99
I bought an 80 gb PS3 in 07 and i'm running short on memory. I was wondering if an external hard drive would work.
Answer
Yes, it will work. My best suggestion would be to actually get an internal 2.5 inch hard drive and replace the one you have in there now. It does not void the warranty and the instructions on how to do so are in the PS3 manual. You can backup all of your current hard drive contents first and then pop the new one in and your ps3 will never know the difference. I actually bought a WD passport, pulled the case off of it, and put the drive in my ps3, but you can get the same drive without the case for a little cheaper. It has been nice knowing that I'll never run out of space on my ps3 with a 320GB hard drive.
Yes, it will work. My best suggestion would be to actually get an internal 2.5 inch hard drive and replace the one you have in there now. It does not void the warranty and the instructions on how to do so are in the PS3 manual. You can backup all of your current hard drive contents first and then pop the new one in and your ps3 will never know the difference. I actually bought a WD passport, pulled the case off of it, and put the drive in my ps3, but you can get the same drive without the case for a little cheaper. It has been nice knowing that I'll never run out of space on my ps3 with a 320GB hard drive.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar