How do you put media onto PS3 from external hard drive?

external hard drives in ps3 on 1000GB-1TB-External-USB-Hard-Drive-Portable-Pocket-PS3-Laptop-Desktop ...
external hard drives in ps3 image



av8ion


Just got a new PS3 slim 120G HD and I'd love to put my music as well as pictures and home video on there. Does this have to be done with a flash drive/thumb drive because when I used a USB cord to plug in my external hard drive the PS3 didn't see it. What's the most simple way to go about this? Thanks!


Answer
Media Sharing between PS3 and WMP11 (Windows Media Player 11) PC:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?message.uid=29329912

When you plug flash drive/thumb drive in ps3 usb trie to press Search for Media servers in PS3 xmb menu.

Whats a good external usb hard drive good for ps3?




Noah


I need a usb external hard drive for my ps3. I need it for backing up my ps3. What is a good one that has 120gb?

Bonus Question: Will it work for transferring files from an old hard drive in your ps3 to a new one on the same ps3?



Answer
First, the other person is completely wrong, you can NOT backup the PS3 to itself. In order for that to even be possible, you would need to have the double the HDD space because of what you are trying to back up. Not only that, but if the HDD fails, then you have NOTHING because you can't get to any of the data on the HDD (the reason their #2 and #3 options won't work either).

Second, make sure you are getting an external HDD at least the size of your current PS3 HDD, or bigger, you want to make sure to have enough room, and you can use the HDD for other things as well, even with the PS3 backup on it (just don't delete or modify the PS3 backup data, or you are out of luck).

As far as what external HDD is good, any will work, you just have to format it in FAT32 if it does not come that way (most don't anymore). I prefer Western Digital, as I have never had a problem with them, just make sure you keep your receipt, in case the HDD you get does have a problem, then you can exchange it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=usb+external+hdd#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=120gb+usb+external+hdd&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A120gb+usb+external+hdd




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar