whbonneypo
I was wondering if anyone has found the actual Adapter model number AD6008, made by AcBel at any of the local computer stores? I have not been able to. Calls to Western Digital have been useless because the calls go to India and all they can say is the adapters are on Back Order or no longer being made. I would really like to obtain the original adapter.
BUT, I found a possible solution. After 2 weeks of trying through the 800 number which got me to India each time, I found a Calif number in Lake Forest for WD. 949-672-7000. DO NOT press any numbers to get connected to customer service or you will end up with the India customer service people again. Just stay on and the operator will answer. Tell them you want the Irvine Customer service number. What I found out there was there is another model number for the adapter. It is made by Asian Power Devices and the number is DA-30C01. The rep told me that AD6008 was an updated version of it but for some reason scarce/not available. He said the DA-30C01 will work. I went to Asian Power Devices website and found the adapter listed here - http://www.apd.com.tw/contents/products_01.asp?majcidx=1
In essence, I solved my problem, but would still like to obtain the AD6008 Power Adapter made by AcBel
Answer
I resolved it by modding my Western Digital Elements 500Gb external hard disk from external to internal power.
What happened was that the included adapter for it (made by AcBel, model nr AD6008) suddenly stopped working (which by goggling it, turned out to have happened to a lot of people). After looking at what I would be charged for a new one (~50EUR), I decided to see if there were other options.
I went to check out some threads regarding the computer internal power supply and it turns out that CD/DVD, HDD and Floppy disk are all supplied with 5V/12V, which is exactly what is needed for most external hard drives as well.
See the referensed link for more info.
I resolved it by modding my Western Digital Elements 500Gb external hard disk from external to internal power.
What happened was that the included adapter for it (made by AcBel, model nr AD6008) suddenly stopped working (which by goggling it, turned out to have happened to a lot of people). After looking at what I would be charged for a new one (~50EUR), I decided to see if there were other options.
I went to check out some threads regarding the computer internal power supply and it turns out that CD/DVD, HDD and Floppy disk are all supplied with 5V/12V, which is exactly what is needed for most external hard drives as well.
See the referensed link for more info.
External Hard disk for backup?
split
I want to backup of my data. i heard about external hard disk that connect to USB port. Can anyone tell me which one to purchase. I want upto 40GB.
I live in India
Answer
hi! i think there is no great diffrence of external drives, the only i can suggets is to choose ext drives of famous manufacturers, if you want the drive only for performing backup tasks then 40gb would be enough, plus i recomend choose a good backup prog, don't use windows backup utility. among all the backup sollutions look on true image or norton ghost, but i advice true image it's much better. look here:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/drive-imaging-reviews.htm
hi! i think there is no great diffrence of external drives, the only i can suggets is to choose ext drives of famous manufacturers, if you want the drive only for performing backup tasks then 40gb would be enough, plus i recomend choose a good backup prog, don't use windows backup utility. among all the backup sollutions look on true image or norton ghost, but i advice true image it's much better. look here:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/drive-imaging-reviews.htm
Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar