What is the best brand of external hard drive.. REALLY?




jivebig5


I'm looking to buy a new external hard drive. I think you can get the 500GB for about $120-$150.
The problem is that the top two brands (WD and Seagate) both have terrible reviews on newegg and on here. I'm reading tons of reviews from all HD's.. things like "The drive failed after one month and two days of use". I've had a WD 120GB for years with no problems but now i'm scared to buy a new one with all that i'm reading. Can someone give me the true answer of which is the best and how you know??
THANKS



Answer
Do hard drives go bad... sure they do. I have had more problems with memory by a long shot more than a hard drive failure.

I've used both drives you mentioned and I use those brands almost all the time when I build computers for people.

The warranty's are very similar on each.

I like Seagate a tad more because they have a great free utility that allows you to move to a new larger drive and it will partition it automatically.

However with that said I am using 2 150GB Raptors in my personal computer.

Like I said both are good brands.

External Hard Drive?

Q. I'm looking for a good external hard drive.

If I lived in the Central Jersey area, what would be a good place to buy an external hard drive? (Assuming that I can't buy one off of the Internet, cause I'm too young to get a credit card...)

I only want to spend like $70, $80 tops.
I need something decent, like around 80GB
Any suggestions?


Answer
Maxtor has always been a awsome brand of harddrive and my dad and I loved them alot before Seagate took them over, but anyway you can still find them around on certain sites. It just so happens believe it or not that I found you a 160GB Maxtor for $86.99. It's $7 out of your price range, but hey your getting a good deal here I hate to say. I'm not including shipping in here cause shipping varies between states and stuff so anyway if interested then defintely look at this site. And Newegg has always been a good seller to me I trust them 99%!!! Go for it. And I would look at the site soon and get it if your going to before it get gone.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar