How do I retrieve missing data?




asimmonz


I have a 2TB external hard drive. I had a TON of movies on it. Long story short, I let my neighbor borrow it for all of about an hour and he managed to erase everything!

I am now trying to put everything back on, but my friends computer won't recognize the drive. Let me rephrase... his computers "my computer" wont recognize it. I can find it in device manager and it claims its functioning properly but I cant access it!

It seems to work fine on my computer, as well as another laptop. Both Vista if that matters as compared to the XP desktop.

Only other piece of information that I know of is that I had to reformat the drive originally to FAT32 so that it could be read on the Xbox/Ps3...

If you have any ideas for me let me know! Otherwise im about ready to sledgehammer this thing!
Thanks!



Answer
first of all, are you trying to get the data FROM the external, or are you trying to put that data BACK ON the external from another computer/external? idk about retrieving the data from the hard drive itself, but if your having problems with a certain computer not recognizing the drive, that certain computer is obviously not one you should be using. have that other guy put the data on an external you can take with you, and plug both yours and his into a different computer that will recognize the external hard drives, and then transfer the data. as for the reformatting, it shouldn't make much of a difference, but you may have to reformat it again if it starts having this kind of trouble on your system too. 2TB is a large harddrive, so i assume it isn't as portable as my GoFlex 1gb, which didn't require any software downloads, and i've had it since the 1tb was brought onto the market. i also suggest you use a larger thumb drive if you want to plug it in to an xbox or ps3. it could be the console screwed up the hard drive. if it still works on another computer, use that one. also, XP sucks. if it's an xp that won't recognize your hard drive, it's safe to assume that you should use a vista or later OS. the 2TB hard drive was invented after xp, after all, along with the drivers for it. compatibility problem, i would think.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar