crml1024
I have been having problems with my older laptop. Windows XP keeps restarting and looping. I am unable to use safe mode because when I choose any of those options, a blank screen appears and that's it, or it freezes. It was an Acer Inspire 5004 WLMi and it has a 100GB hard drive that was partitioned into two sections. I took the hard drive out, and I want to repartition it to get all of my data off of there so that I can use this laptop as a test laptop and put Windows 7 on there. How do I repartition the notebook hard drive with a usb disk enclosure? If I must use another method, please let me know that as well.
Answer
Hello,
If the BIOS supports it...
Boot via usb hard drive/device.
Else http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
Hello,
If the BIOS supports it...
Boot via usb hard drive/device.
Else http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
Trying to connect my old laptop hard drive up to my new desktop?
Brian M
So, I have a laptop (which I am currently using), and I want to take the hard drive from here and put it in my new desktop (which doesn't have a hard drive currently) to save money--both on buying a new hard drive and a new operating system--and to save time by not having to transfer all of my files. The interface for both systems is SATA, so should I have any difficulty?
Answer
Even though they have different physical size, they use the same interface so attaching should not be an issue.
What the problem will be is that you will have a driver mismatch as the two computers are not identical in specs. You will see that Blue Screen of Death the moment you boot the OS customized for the laptop on the desktop computer.
You will be required to install a fresh copy of the OS with the right drivers, and of course the applications as well.
Your main problem will be activating the product key as OSes in computers are mostly OEM licenses which are not transferable. If it has been used on one computer already, you can no longer activate it on another.
Unlike in retail licenses, they can be transferred and activated on another computer but you need to decommission/deactivate the old one and in most cases, you will need to call up Microsoft Hotline and tell them that you are transferring a retail license to another computer. They will ask you for the key and check if it is still active on the older computer.
Even though they have different physical size, they use the same interface so attaching should not be an issue.
What the problem will be is that you will have a driver mismatch as the two computers are not identical in specs. You will see that Blue Screen of Death the moment you boot the OS customized for the laptop on the desktop computer.
You will be required to install a fresh copy of the OS with the right drivers, and of course the applications as well.
Your main problem will be activating the product key as OSes in computers are mostly OEM licenses which are not transferable. If it has been used on one computer already, you can no longer activate it on another.
Unlike in retail licenses, they can be transferred and activated on another computer but you need to decommission/deactivate the old one and in most cases, you will need to call up Microsoft Hotline and tell them that you are transferring a retail license to another computer. They will ask you for the key and check if it is still active on the older computer.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar