What's the biggest size for external hard drives?




staystrong


Since my laptop is running out of disk space, I plan on buying an external hard drive. So I'm wondering, what's the biggest size for an EHD?
Yes, I was referring to capacity. And I heard that there are 3tb hard drives too..



Answer
Seagate has external drives up to 4TB.
http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/external-hard-drive/desktop-hard-drive/?intcmp=bac-en-us-home-hero1-goflex-desk-4tb#tTabContentSpecifications


If you have plenty of cash Drobo has units with up to 24TB storage capacity.
http://www.drobo.com/products/professionals/drobo-pro/index.php

media center with external hard drive input?




Narcis


Hi Gang,

OK so here is the situation. I have an external hard drive for my TV shows and an internal hanrd drive hooked up through a docking station for my movies. all up i have about 4tb worth of data.
I also have a ps3 and an xbox360 a laptop and a wifi connection.

The problem i am having is i cannot seem to find a simple solution for streaming media to my sony bravia TV.

I have tried streaming through my laptop via media servers but they always seem to lag. I can plug my hard drive straight into my gaming consoles but due to the ps3 and xbox needing fat32 to run I cant use decent bluray files that are larger than 4gb. I am looking for some sort of solution where i can have my laptop (which i also watch some stuff from) my ps3 and if possible even my xbox (not that important cos i use my ps3 mostly) without having to unplug, move around and mess about. i have spent literally a year and hundreds of bucks trying to work this out. I like the idea of a decent media server but could i then plug my hard drives directly into it?

Any legit ideas would be greatly appreciated and if possible i dont want to spend a fortune but this drives me nuts. i usually start watching a film on my ps3 via ps3media server but then when it starts to skip just watch it on my laptop which drives me nuts. I have tried every media server software and played around with the settings to no avail so please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

scuse the long question but i thought it best to give all the information at the same time.

Robbie



Answer
What you need is a half decent computer with HD playback capability (a media PC). With that you can plug your external hard drives into it and play directly from the hard drive. You can either buy a cheap prebuilt computer (just make sure it's powerful enough for HD play back) or build your own media center PC.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar