What is the best brand for external hard drives?




Heather R


I am looking to get a external hard drive to hold my pictures. What is the best brand and at a decent price? Under $100 preferably...Thank you very much.


Answer
These days Seagate is the best drive. I'd go for a 500GB Barracuda and an external USB box. You should be able to get the pair for about $100. (If it takes you 5 minutes to put the drive in the box, you had your hands tied behind your back.) It's the best "external" drive you can get for that price.

Kanguru Solutions is a good brand to shop external hard drives?




Flora


I'm looking for a good external hard drive with 1 or more TB in memory, but I don't know much about electronics, specially hardrive. So, is Kanguru Solutions good or I better be looking for some other brand?


Answer
Everyone will have their own opinions.... I have used USB drives from Seagate, Maxtor now owned by Seagate] and Western Digital in past few years and for 1TB or 2TB of staorage would recommend Western Digitals MyBook Essential range. They offer a good balance of performance versus price and include a good backup program [you don't need to use it if you don't want to] as well as 256bit AES hardware encryption for security. They do a USB 2/3 model that will work a full HI-Speed [USB 2] on a system with USB 2 only but will also work at full SuperSpeed [USB 3] if you have the ports. So you can get it full benefit on an older system that only has USB 2 support and if you upgrade to USB 3 anytime in future you will automatically get 5x speed [SuperSpeed]. In latest tests run by Computer Shopper magazine the MYBook range were some of the fastest drives they tested too!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar