Sombra
Personal Guard 2009 has infected my computer to some extent, and I've tried to get rid of it. The main problem is that it has blocked off my internet access and malwarebytes isn't working. I tried loading the computer in safe mode with networking to get the internet connection back, but that hasn't worked.
If anyone can tell me how to work my way around it all and remove the personal guard 2009 (no internet access due to the guard and malwarebytes isn't functioning, usually does) please let me know!
Thanks!
Hello agian and thank you I've tried removing the redstry keys but I can't find the values that need to be deelted. I have also tried ot delete the files, but as soon as I delete the mbm or internet config files, everything shows right back up. Is there any way to properly delete it?
Also, if I have a jump drive with the malewarebytes program ready to install into the compute runder a different file name, will the jump drive become infected with Personal Guard? (This is in response to Colged's answer)
Answer
You could go to my computer, open the hard drive, open program files, open the mbam file, right click the mbam.exe , the red and white icon one, rename it xxxx.exe and then right click it, and send it to desktop, use this one to scan your computer. @
You could go to my computer, open the hard drive, open program files, open the mbam file, right click the mbam.exe , the red and white icon one, rename it xxxx.exe and then right click it, and send it to desktop, use this one to scan your computer. @
Plug-in Removal?
You Would
This may be confusing. I was watching videos online (facebook to be specific) and I clicked and dragged a video onto my desktop (thinking it would just put an icon on my desktop for my to be able to double click and watch the video whenever I wanted to). After doing this, a popup asked me if I wanted to proceed with the plug-in and I clicked "ok". Now I have the movie stuck on my upper left hand corner of my desktop, it won't go away...even when I turn off my computer. I tried right clicking for exit options(there were none), deleting, and uninstalling quicktime. After uninstalling quicktime, it's just a blank square stuck up there. How do I get rid of it??
Answer
I believe what has happened is that you've enabled Active Desktop, I'm assuming your using windows XP. I don't think your registry has been hacked nor is this icon going to be on your hard drive some place.
To Turn it off:
Right Click on your desktop
Click Properties
Click Desktop Tab
Click Customize Desktop
Click Web tab
you'll see a box called Web Pages if anything is checked uncheck it from here.
Then click OK twice to get back to the desktop.
You may have to set your wall paper again though.
That should do the trick!
I believe what has happened is that you've enabled Active Desktop, I'm assuming your using windows XP. I don't think your registry has been hacked nor is this icon going to be on your hard drive some place.
To Turn it off:
Right Click on your desktop
Click Properties
Click Desktop Tab
Click Customize Desktop
Click Web tab
you'll see a box called Web Pages if anything is checked uncheck it from here.
Then click OK twice to get back to the desktop.
You may have to set your wall paper again though.
That should do the trick!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar