Hard drive prices shot up?




Andrew M


I am looking into building a new computer again and I have just noticed that prices on Hard drives shot up drastically.
The last drive that I purchased was $60 for 1TB now that same drive is $150
What was the reasoning behind this? when will they be coming back down in prices?
Any other information you need/want to provide?

Thanks for any help provided.
The site that I am looking at is Newegg.com where I go for most of my parts.
The drive I am looking at is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148697
When I made the computer that used that drive it was $60 and I saved the link in a document of parts that I got. When I clicked it now looking for it again it was the $150 price it is at currently.



Answer
Updated********
Thanks for the extra info, however I hadn't seen todays news until now....Have just seen an article on PC Advisor about HDD prices increasing due to flooding in Thailand [as i mentioned below they are a key country for HDD components] Article is here: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/desktop-pc/3318019/hard-drive-shortages-will-result-in-more-expensive-pcs-says-gartner/?cmpid=HTML-DN141111&olo=daily%20news

I imagine this could be the culprit and have just seen another answer to this question quoting a different but similar article

***

Don't know what models or sites you are looking at [obviously would have helped to give this info] but currently [[in 2011] traditional hard drives with platters for both laptops and desktops are at the lowest price per GB that they have ever been!
I suppose there could be problems or shortages of certain drives/particular models that might drive up the prices or maybe a key manufacturer has production problems [Korea and Thailand make many HDD's and components]. These types of things are normally short lived, give it a few weeks or shop around a few different suppliers

What price to sell newer desktop with a bad hard drive?




wittygee


I paid $350 for it. It is a Compaq.
I bought a refurbished computer in March. It only came with a 90 day warranty. About 3 weeks ago it froze up. I had to run a restore. Yesterday it froze up again, but when I restarted it, it gave me a message that a hard drive crash was eminent. I tried the system restore, but got an error message. Anyway, I just want to get rid of it. It has a dual core processor and 3GB of RAM. How much should I sell it for on craigslist?



Answer
i would spend the money to get another hard drive because you will not get much for the computer to sell it as used. installing a new hard drive isnt that big of a deal, unless there are other problems with it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar