misbhaven
I have an HP pavillion with Vista and got a warning to shut down and have system fan serviced to prevent damage to the system. Well, I blew out my comp fans and tried it again but still got message so I used it anyways and now its screwed. It will boot up but it doesnt think it has any files. I took to Comp shop and they replaced the fan but I still same problem. I have ungodly amounts of pics and music and programs on that hard drive that I want desperately!
I want to put the hard drive into my Acer laptop also running Vista and then transfer files via home network onto my HP touchscreen running windows 7. Is this possible? Do laptops have same hook ups as desktops? Ive never tore into a laptop before so I have no idea.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my stuff off that hard drive?
Answer
The computer in your desktop is probably a 3 1/2 inch drive and the one in your laptop is 2 1/2 inches so it will not fit. The best suggestion would be to buy a kit that allows you to connect a drive externally. They're about $10-$20 (in the US) and can be purchased at places like CompUSA, Micro Center, Best Buy (last place I would try as they're likely to be more expensive there) or god forbid the forsaken Fry's.
You can then connect your 3 1/2 disk to your laptop via your USB port. I'll probably show up as drive E: (C: being your laptop hard disk and D: being your CD/DVD rom).
If you want more help, contact me at nelgin@yahoo.com
The computer in your desktop is probably a 3 1/2 inch drive and the one in your laptop is 2 1/2 inches so it will not fit. The best suggestion would be to buy a kit that allows you to connect a drive externally. They're about $10-$20 (in the US) and can be purchased at places like CompUSA, Micro Center, Best Buy (last place I would try as they're likely to be more expensive there) or god forbid the forsaken Fry's.
You can then connect your 3 1/2 disk to your laptop via your USB port. I'll probably show up as drive E: (C: being your laptop hard disk and D: being your CD/DVD rom).
If you want more help, contact me at nelgin@yahoo.com
Dell PC hard drive to Apple MacBook Pro?
Morgan
I use to have a Dell desktop, but last year it broke down, I think the motherboard fried, I was wondering if I could somehow transfer the data from that hard drive to my computer that I have now, I have the hard drive out of the computer since the Dell doesn't work anymore. I searched this before and heard about hard drive enclosure kits, is this what i need? And how do I know what size to get? I've seen 2.5'' ones and 3.5'' ones?
Answer
Hard drive enclosure with USB connection is probably what you want yes. Its just a case that the disk goes into with a bunch of electronics ans a USB socket. You then connect it to another PC via a usb cable.
2.5 or 3.5 - how wide is your disk in inches?
desktop drives nornally 3.5
laptop drive normally 2.5
Hard drive enclosure with USB connection is probably what you want yes. Its just a case that the disk goes into with a bunch of electronics ans a USB socket. You then connect it to another PC via a usb cable.
2.5 or 3.5 - how wide is your disk in inches?
desktop drives nornally 3.5
laptop drive normally 2.5
Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar