Is it possible to run a desktop solely upon an external hard drive with NO INTERNAL HD IN THE COMPUTER?

desktop hard drive internal on Refurbished 160GB SATA 2 5
desktop hard drive internal image



ShadowX


You know, with the external hard drive having an Operating System like Windows XP and using that hard drive with an internal HD in the desktop.
SORRY! WITHOUT a internal hard drive but using an external hard drive.



Answer
Yes but it runs slow.

If I buy another hard disk to slave drive, will I face incompatibility issues?




Etradeh


I have a gateway desktop. So all I would need to buy is a desktop hard drive, or are there other specs or specifications I should consider?
What do I need to know before I buy another hard drive to turn it into a slave drive?
My external HD burned out and I need a big hard drive to recover its data to.
(Oh the joys of having external hard drives bigger than internal drives.)
What else do I need to buy? Thanks.
Motherboard is from 2007.



Answer
you do not say how old your pc is ?

buy a sata drive over an ide drive as they are faster and more reliable / SEAGATE or WESTERN DIGITAL...

make sure that it is compatable with your pc's motherboard if buying a sata.

brand new pc = sata 3 type drive.
older = sata 2




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar