What external hard drive connection is best for watching HD movies?

best external hard drive usb 3.0 on ... Desk STAC3000101 3TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive  $140 After Coupon
best external hard drive usb 3.0 image



redbaron50


I am looking to store and watch High Def backups of my movies off of an external hard drive, on my computer.

Of what I read, theres several connections for data transfer, Firewire, eSATA and USB 3.0....will those get the job done? Or are none of those necesary and a basic USB 2.0 can do the job?



Answer
USB 2 is enough

a normal speed for USB 2 is 8 mb/s

and for example you have a 2 hours movie that is 11 GB

11 gb = 11000 mb
2 hours = 7200 sec

11000/7200 = 1.52

so you see that you will need 1.52 mb/s transfer speed for a such movie
so usb 2 is fine

How to run games on external hard drive?




Dalton B


I have a toshiba USB 3.0 500 gb external hard drive that I want dedicated just to gaming. How would I be able to run games off of it without installing to my primary desktop hard drive? I want to run steam games like GTA IV and tf2 from the external hard drive. I would love a step by step on how to do it!


Answer
Just choose whatever drive your external is (E, F, etc.) when you install. You can install Steam or Origin there too if you're using either of those for your games. I played a few games that way such as TF2, and it worked just fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar