is it worth buying a hard drive enclosure to use a desktop hard drive, or just buy a portable hard drive?




Inquirer


i have a 500 gb SATA hard drive strapped to an old PC that's not used anymore since I started using a new laptop. This hard drive is relatively newly acquired, and seem a waste to just leave in the old PC. Now, the time has come that I need to back up the files in the laptop.

is it worth buying a hard drive enclosure to use the desktop hard drive, or is it better to just buy a portable hard drive?

also, is it worth buying a USB 3.0 enclosure, instead of the cheaper 2.0? How much is the speed difference, and is it worth it?

Thanks.
The laptop has USB 3.0.



Answer
>The SATA to USB converter box costs as little as $18. I'd say, its worth it.

My External hard drive mini port broke..?




Jason


I have a Western Digital hard drive ( WD Caviar SE ). The mini Usb port broke of inside of it. So i opened it and Looked at it and the metal port where you connect the usb cord broke clean off the green board. Is there anywhere I can get a new green board with the port on it? or can i even get cords to where i can hook it up to my desktop INTERNALLY? The wire I have does not fit on the SATA port. PLEASE HELP. Its a 500 GB and has AAALLL my movies on it. :(


Answer
Just buy another enclosure and transfer the drive over, JEEZ!!! You're having a fit over literally NOTHING! LOL

Nippon Labs Silver 3.5" USB 2.0 External Enclosure for SATA Hard Drives - $17.48
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817816005

Or if you can't wait a few days for delivery, WorstBuy has it at over triple the price:

Rocketfish Hard Drive Enclosure Kit for 3.5" SATA Hard Drives - $70
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+Hard+Drive+Enclosure+Kit+for+3.5%22+SATA+Hard+Drives/8800639.p?id=1206141490782&skuId=8800639&st=hard%20drive%20enclosure&cp=1&lp=11




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar