How do you hook up a 80gb ps3 to a external 1tb hard drive?

Q. The ps3 i have is the one with the 4 usb's and the door that opens on the front for sd cards.
I have been told some ps3's don't read over 500gb also?


Answer
Make sure your external hard drive is formatted in the FAT32 file system. If it isn't already, download this program to format it: http://h50178.www5.hp.com/local_drivers/17550/SP27608.exe This is probably the easiest way to do it. (Do the full format - not the quick one - and it could take over an hour to complete, but it'll be worth it)

Once you've formatted it, create folders in the root (main) directory of the external hard drive named VIDEO and MUSIC to have them appear on the XMB when you plug it into the ps3. (The names either have to be in all caps or all lowercase; and I think the folder name for pictures should be PHOTO but I never use it)

NOTE: Formatting will erase ALL files off your external hard drive. Be sure to back them up first. Once it's formatted though, you can load the files back on. (Unfortunately, FAT32 doesnt allow files over 4gb to be transferred)

Why can't my PS3 see my external hard drive?




Queen_Luck


I have a 100GB external hard drive that I normally use on my desktop computer. It currently holds over 1000 songs and about 7 movies. I am attempting to move some of these songs and movies to my PS3, but for some reason I can't find an option on the PS3 to do so. I don't even think the PS3 sees the hard drive. What is wrong?


Answer
I tried hooking up my external hard drive and it didn't read it. I guess it just dosen't read them. I called sony and they said that you need a usb port to transfer your files from your ps3.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar