What's a good external desktop hard drive?




luigi10lik


I need one that is both USB and Firewire compatible and at least 200GB, although I think 500GB would be better. I've seen hard drives like this for $100 to $150 (which is my price range), but don't know if they're any good. I will be using it for storing multimedia: music, pictures, and uncompressed video. The faster transfer speed, the better, as I will be transferring huge video files often. The quieter, the better.

Any information will be appreciated.
Thanks



Answer
Hi, I would tell you to buy them seperatly. Meaning that you should buy yourself an good brand hard drive and then buy yourself and external enclosure with e-sata like this you will have the best of both world meaning.

1-You will have a very good hard drive

2- e-sata is the fastest transfer rate at 1.5 gig a sec compare
to firewire which is 480mb/sec stable and USB is max 480mb/sec unstable

3- It might even be cheaper and most likely alot faster with best quality feature and you can decide the size of your hard drive not oblige to stick with what is available.

What's the difference between desktop and notebook external hard drives?




J S


Hi guys,
I'm in the market for an external hard drive for my laptop. Sometimes I see really good deals (i.e., a lot of space for not much money) on so-called "desktop" external hard drives, however. I did a little digging and found the difference between desktop and notebook external hard drives is that the desktop variety is 3.5", while the notebook variety is 2.5". But is that the only difference? Would I really be paying all that extra money for just one less inch? Is there some reason I couldn't use a desktop external hard drive with my laptop? Thanks!



Answer
If you are looking for an external hard drive -- that connects via USB, Firewire or eSATA the only issue would be the connectivity on your laptop.

The difference in size is only for internal hard drives. And, if you are looking for an internal hard drive for your laptop -- that 1" makes a BIG difference!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar