External Hard Drive not recognized?




Gordon


I was backing up computer to my USB External HD and my PC had to restart.After it rebooted,it now doesnt recognized the usb HD.The hard drive is a Western Digital passport.

Under Device Manager/Disk Drivers,it shows as WD 2500BEV External USB Hard Drive.

How do I get my PC to recognize the HD?I tried updating the driver,but it didnt help.

Thanks.

Jeff.



Answer
It's possible that you turned your hard drive into a bootable backup. When your computer starts up, hit F12 on the very first screen w/ a graphic on it (probably the manufacturer's name) and boot to your external hard drive. If it works, then you lost all the information that was on there from before you backed up, if it doesn't then there's still hope. This same exact thing happened to me once and I got back some of my data by booting into a live CD of Ubuntu, where the hard drive mounts correctly. Then you can burn CD's using a 2nd drive or put your files on a flash drive and keep transferring them between 2 computers so that you can get everything off of your external drive. I hope you get your stuff back, I lost 120gb of info to this problem. (There are also some disk tools, Disk Warrior being most popular, that may be able to help you with this, but I think they all cost more than $50)

buy new hard drive for laptop?




XxskaterxX


i want to buy this hard drive :http://www.amazon.com/250GB-Compaq-Business-NC6320-Laptop/dp/B001QWRUDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1296760752&sr=8-1

my computer is a laptop its a hp compaq nc 6320 and would i need to get better RAM? i have 2 GB ram please help



Answer
Its just a butt load easer and cheaper to get an external hard drive here are some good ones.

they also range from 250-50 gigs all for under 50 bucks. hope this helped :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822242007

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822165229

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822165229

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822324038

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822242015




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar