Can Toshiba 1TB External hard drive be connected and available for networking?




Claudia


I have this hard drive and im wondering if it can be connected to a router or to a network to be shared?


Answer
You can only connect it to a router if your external hard drive has an ethernet port.

External hard drive on a network?




jonoeckley


I need to install a external harddrive on a network,
Can I connect it straight to the router, so it can run as a "seperate computer".
How would i go about doing this



Answer
I know of two options, there may be more.
1) Linksys WRT350N wifi router has a USB port on it and you can plug a usb disk into this and make it available on the network.
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1162354643512&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
I am using this and it seems to work fine with a pocket drive, shows up as a Share on the network.

2) Western Digital makes a series of Ethernet based disks call World Book, here is one
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=279
I haven't tried this one but it looks interesting, they have several sizes




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar