Q. Im trying to connect my old laptop hard drive to my new Gateway DX 4870 desktop to recover some of my old stuff can anyone help me i cant find anywhere to connect it.
Answer
Is you old laptop hard drive SATA or ATA connected?
If it is a SATA drive, then it should hook up just like your desktop HDD. If it is ATA, then you'll need an ATA to SATA converter/adapter.
Is you old laptop hard drive SATA or ATA connected?
If it is a SATA drive, then it should hook up just like your desktop HDD. If it is ATA, then you'll need an ATA to SATA converter/adapter.
How do I connect a laptop hard drive to a desktop?
Serge
I bought one of the adapters mentioned here, http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2006/02/16/connect-laptop-hard-drive-to-desktop-computer/, but my hard drive doesn't have those pins. I opened it and everything so I'm guessing I bought the wrong cable....Thanks!
Sorry about the link.
Answer
depends. 1) is your desktop sata or IDE? 2) is your laptop hard drive sata/IDE and 3) do you want the hard drive as a USB or internal drive? they have IDE/SATA to USB adapters also
o fyi that link is broken
depends. 1) is your desktop sata or IDE? 2) is your laptop hard drive sata/IDE and 3) do you want the hard drive as a USB or internal drive? they have IDE/SATA to USB adapters also
o fyi that link is broken
Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar