Can I use a desktop external hard drive for my laptop?




m


I really need to do something , my photographs/ music/ documents are taking up way too much space!
thank you everybody!



Answer
I am assuming a USB interface is present on the external hard drive. The short answer is yes. The only thing you may run into is if the external hard drive is powered by the USB (if the external hard drive does not have an electrical plug). Some laptops do not provide enough power on the USB ports (especially netbooks) to power some external hard drives.

Can I use an old desktop hard drive as an external hard drive to a laptop?




danielgutm


Which wires would I need?
How would I make the connection?
Is there a case I can get for the desktop hard drive?



Answer
yes, what you need is an external device. You can buy these hard drive to usb devices that you just plug the hard drive into and then its just like an everyday USB hard drive you buy in the store.

Look into this.
http://www.pricewatch.com/search?q=IDE+to+usb&totalcost_min=min&totalcost_max=max

IDE to USB

Good luck. If its not IDE, you can also get them SATA or UATA to USB.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar