Cody N
Hello! i finally figured out what i'd like for christmas! i wanna replace my 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hardrive with a 500GB 7200RPM SATA in my gateway laptop (purchased it last christmas) do u know if it will work??? wat type should i get?? is 500GB a good choice! anything i need to know so that it dont (blank) up my pc
** THE REASON FOR ASKING TO REPLACE BECAUSE iTUNES IS TAKING UP ALOT OF SPACE WITH ALL THE TV SHOWS I'VE PURCHASED!!! pleez help!
THANKS!
also i'd like to know if im gonna need anythin special for it to work (disk)?? a lady at my moms work is gonna install it for me!!!! and also (i have a system recovery disc that has xp media 05 on it) will i be able to replace it on my new hardrive (PS I STILL HAVE THE PRODUCT KEY)
Answer
I currently use an Western Digital external hard drive
(My Book , 1 TB) and it works fine with my Gateway notebook. If you're still considering laptop hard drive choices I'd suggest getting an external hard drive instead---you don't have to go through the hassle of finding compatible drives, its easy to setup and very portable ( works in the same fashion as USB drive).
For your other question whether 500 GBs is enough space?
I use a 1 TB hard drive( which is equal to 1000 GB) because I have thousands of music and video files, plus I want room for growth. My opinion is that 500 GBs is sufficient unless you plan to put tons of video, pictures, music and etc.on it. A hard drive's storage capacity depends upon what files you put on it ( like something small like an avatar or gif images or something large like high resolution photos and movies) and it also depends on how many of those files you plan to put on it (60 mp3 files vs. over 100 half hour tv shows).
You can also contact Gateway for more info about recommended upgrades/downloads based on your
laptop's operating system and product model.
http://support.gateway.com/support/default.asp
http://support.gateway.com/support/ask_gateway.asp
Check out this site
http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/external-hard-desktop.htm
Other useful links
http://www.directron.com/storagechoice.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3000_7-5021305-1.html
http://www.yhelp.co.uk/howtoaddanewharddrive.html
http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/issue129/60_How_to_choose_a_hard.php
Hope this helps ^_^
I currently use an Western Digital external hard drive
(My Book , 1 TB) and it works fine with my Gateway notebook. If you're still considering laptop hard drive choices I'd suggest getting an external hard drive instead---you don't have to go through the hassle of finding compatible drives, its easy to setup and very portable ( works in the same fashion as USB drive).
For your other question whether 500 GBs is enough space?
I use a 1 TB hard drive( which is equal to 1000 GB) because I have thousands of music and video files, plus I want room for growth. My opinion is that 500 GBs is sufficient unless you plan to put tons of video, pictures, music and etc.on it. A hard drive's storage capacity depends upon what files you put on it ( like something small like an avatar or gif images or something large like high resolution photos and movies) and it also depends on how many of those files you plan to put on it (60 mp3 files vs. over 100 half hour tv shows).
You can also contact Gateway for more info about recommended upgrades/downloads based on your
laptop's operating system and product model.
http://support.gateway.com/support/default.asp
http://support.gateway.com/support/ask_gateway.asp
Check out this site
http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/external-hard-desktop.htm
Other useful links
http://www.directron.com/storagechoice.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3000_7-5021305-1.html
http://www.yhelp.co.uk/howtoaddanewharddrive.html
http://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/issue129/60_How_to_choose_a_hard.php
Hope this helps ^_^
How many types of laptop hard drives are there?
Q. I want to upgrade my hard drive and my laptop is a hp pavilion zt3000, what options do I have? Thankyou!
Answer
Laptop hard drives are 2.5" versus Desktop hard drives are 3.5".
They come in SATA and IDE/ATA. Your computer's configuration is almost identical to my Gateway. Most likely you have IDE/ATA.
Then, there are different speeds 4200, 5400 and 7200rpm. Yours is either 4200 or 5400. If you upgrade to 7200rpm, you will notice a huge difference.
You need to look at HP's web site to see what is the maximum hard drive size. I believe the maximum laptop hard drive made is around 120GB. I just bought a Hitachi 80GB 7200rpm for $119 at a local computer store. I upgraded from a 4200rpm 40GB and a huge performance boost.
Laptop hard drives are 2.5" versus Desktop hard drives are 3.5".
They come in SATA and IDE/ATA. Your computer's configuration is almost identical to my Gateway. Most likely you have IDE/ATA.
Then, there are different speeds 4200, 5400 and 7200rpm. Yours is either 4200 or 5400. If you upgrade to 7200rpm, you will notice a huge difference.
You need to look at HP's web site to see what is the maximum hard drive size. I believe the maximum laptop hard drive made is around 120GB. I just bought a Hitachi 80GB 7200rpm for $119 at a local computer store. I upgraded from a 4200rpm 40GB and a huge performance boost.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar