Can you upload pictures from a PC external hard drive to an IMac?

best external hard drive for an imac on iMac, iMac MD095 27 inch, 2.9GHz Core i5
best external hard drive for an imac image



MingToy


We have a laptop that had a virus, and cleaning out the hard drive didn't help. We backed up everything on to an external hard drive. If we get an IMac now, will we be able to upload the pictures we saved to the Mac? Thank you
Yes, Mercuri, thank you. I mean transfer!!!



Answer
"Upload" isn't the correct word here. I think you mean "transfer."

To answer your question, it depends on how the external drive is formatted. I think Macs can read NTFS, but they just can't write to it. FAT32 is ideal for transferring files between Macs and PCs though.

How do I manually transfer all of my computer files to an external hard drive?




Jase


I just got an external hard drive and i wanted to know if there was a way to view all of my files and just drag them onto the hard drive. I have an iMac with a very small amount of hard drive space left, so i want to manually transfer ALL of my data to the 1TB hard drive. How do i do that?


Answer
This is called cloning. You will most likely need cloning software from the manufacturer of your iMac, or else you may be forced to look for alternatives which may cost money, or at least time finding free alternatives.






You can move most of your data over using copy/paste + shift (or is it CTRL not sure which.)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar