
iomega desktop hard drive not recognized image
mosley33
I got an iomega prestige desktop hard drive (500 GB, external) for christmas and it worked great....until today. I accidentally unplugged the USB while the HDD was turned on, and it fell over on its side.
I've tried reconnecting the different cords and have even attempted loading the HDD on another computer, but each time it just starts beeping and the computer doesn't even recognize that anything is connected.
I talked with iomega support, but they weren't very helpful. They only had me try plugging the device into another computer, so I got the feeling it was just someone as confused as I. I certainly hope an HDD wouldn't die just from tipping over once! Plus, they said I'd have to go to a data recovery center to get my data, which will probably cost more that the HDD itself!
I think something else must be causing the problem. Please give any advice/suggestions you may have.
Answer
https://iomega-na-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/iomega_na_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1235&p_sid=cQ5j6Hmj&p_lva=500&p_accessibility=&p_redirect=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD04Myw4MyZwX3Byb2RzPTMsMzUmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PTIuMzUmcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTE%2A&p_li=
This is what I found at Iomega Support. Saw nothing about "Beeping" or what that might mean.
Try this:
1) plug in a USB device to one of your computer ports (not an external hub). Is the device recognized Ok?
2) Uninstall all of the programs/drivers that are related to the Iomega drive. Disconnect the drive from your computer.
Restart the computer.
Plug power into the iomega drive, connect the USB cable to the drive and to a port on you computer. Still not working?
It's time to give it back to Iomega.
Good Luck
https://iomega-na-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/iomega_na_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1235&p_sid=cQ5j6Hmj&p_lva=500&p_accessibility=&p_redirect=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD04Myw4MyZwX3Byb2RzPTMsMzUmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PTIuMzUmcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTE%2A&p_li=
This is what I found at Iomega Support. Saw nothing about "Beeping" or what that might mean.
Try this:
1) plug in a USB device to one of your computer ports (not an external hub). Is the device recognized Ok?
2) Uninstall all of the programs/drivers that are related to the Iomega drive. Disconnect the drive from your computer.
Restart the computer.
Plug power into the iomega drive, connect the USB cable to the drive and to a port on you computer. Still not working?
It's time to give it back to Iomega.
Good Luck
Iomega external hard drive?
Jessica G
When I insert the hard drive into my desktop the hard drive makes a clicking noise and doesn't get recognized.
But when I insert it into the laptop it works just fine.
Is my desktop the problem?
Answer
My initial thought would be that the hard drive is not getting enough power from the USB/Firewire/eSata (or whatever it may be) port that you're plugging into. I would try a different port on the desktop.
Otherwise I'd say it's failing hard drive that happened to work once moved around. Usually those click of deaths are pretty much indicative of failure.
My initial thought would be that the hard drive is not getting enough power from the USB/Firewire/eSata (or whatever it may be) port that you're plugging into. I would try a different port on the desktop.
Otherwise I'd say it's failing hard drive that happened to work once moved around. Usually those click of deaths are pretty much indicative of failure.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar